• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe - PAT activation on later versions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goenitz_196

Hi,

Okay I know that theres another topic further down that tells you how to activate the PAT feature on an P4P800 board...

But I wondering, I just bought an Asus P4P800 Deluxe MB a few days ago, and I was wondering if the PAT feature can be activated in this...you see I read in an article that the later BIOses for this MB has been changed to "de-activate" this feature. The method to do this is as follows: -

1) Go into BIOS
2) Go to 'Advanced' menu
3) Go into 'Chipset'
4) And ENABLE 'Memory Acceleration'
5) Now you have PAT

The BIOS I have now is version 1005.001 dated 04/22/2003 - this is too late isn't it?

Anyway I tried the method above on my MB anyway, and the result is that after saving the changes the system WOULDN'T boot up. The monitor was on standby and the system LED lights just lit up and stayed that way. Is this a lock in the BIOS they put in, or is it my RAM? Cause the same thing happens when I try to set the Performace option to 'Standard' or 'Turbo'...just doesn't even boot.

Last edited:
First you should update to bios 1009 final. With any bios revision PAT is enabled if you have turbo and mam enabled at 200 fsb. If you overclock even to 201, PAT only becomes partially enabled. Don't worry about PAT too much, instead see how far you can push the FSB and Memory. Overclocking will give you substantially bigger gains than just enabling PAT.

For example:
I could get up to 230 fsb with PAT enabled using the bios trick.
Sandra reported my memory bandwidth as 5400.

With PAT disabled, and using the 5:4 memory divider I can get up to 285 fsb stable, and Sandra reports my memory bandwidth as 6100. Obviously my processor benchmarks are much higher also considering the chip is running at 3.4 ghz.

Good luck

Thanks...like you said in the other thread I need some better RAM...a twin set...preferbly 2x256MB 3200 Corsairs?

Back