• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 not posting ... need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

This is a new board, I have everything disconnected except, vid card and a stick of RAM and still nothing. Fans spin, both power LED's come on .... any suggestions.

specs:
IS7
Radeon 9700 pro (i've tested others too)
Corsair XMS 3200

I appreciate the help.

-Adam

Well since all of your fans and LEDs come up, we can be sure the PSU is doing it's job. If the memory wasn't seated properly, I think you would get a beep tone warning you of that. Processors seem to be pretty reliable, so I'm leaning towards a motherboard problem. If you had another CPU, troubleshooting that would be easy, but honestly it sounds like a bad motherboard.

I would try reseating you processor considering the fans spin and you get no beeps. Also make sure the speaker connector is no backwards. I did both of these mistakes so just spreading some wisdom.:)

I tried reseating the processor, but it was unfruitful, and yes, I do have the speaker plugged in correctly. I decided to RMA the board back to Newegg. It was a refurbished board to begin with, but i've never had a problem with that in the past. Thanks for your help everyone.

Sorry dude better luck next time. I myself had to RMA my IS7 because it decided one day to not work at all. I mean no fans or anything. For what it is worth, Abit is a good company but their customer service blows and they have some shady hardware developement.

Back