• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a new memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ir0nman

Hey guys, I just ordered some nbew memory from Newegg, and while I am waiting for it to come in, I wanted to see if anyone else with a close set-up to mine has run it, and what their experiance was with it.

GeIL Golden Dragon Dual DDR 1GB(2x512MB) 433MHz Model GD3500-1000DC Retail
Specifications:
Dual Channel SPD Enhanced PC3500 Dual DDR 1GB; Special design for dual channel motherboard
Dragon Eye: One red led on PCB board for memory module ON/OFF detection
Hand Picked Golden Dragon 5ns!
Advanced WLCSP Package
6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded Golden Color PCB board
Pin Count: 184
Chip Denisity: 32x8
CAS/Timing 2 6-3-3 1T @PC3500
Voltage: 2.5v-3.1V

thanks for all the imput guys, I seem to have a lucky 1.04 rev A7N8X so I can't wait to see what it can do with this :)

Ir0nman

Memory

Hey bud I have some DDR 433 ram from PNY called verto gaming memory. When you set your timings for your 3500 in the bios let me know what worked for you because I have tried and had to reset my bios about 4 times. That was enough to make me leave it at default and look for a good thread. Got bios rev 1005. System specs are. A7N8x DX 2.6ghz thorough athlon (@ 2.2 Ghz 200 x11.0 1.75 voltz) 2x 512 433 ram, PNY Verto Geforce FX 5900 Ultra. Any advise on the processor overclocking would be helpful. Am a experienced technician but a noob to overclocking.

Thx

Well, so far I am having no luck with my overclock... seems like I can JUST break 200 FSB, and then the motherboard gives out at any higher.... I'm at 205X10 right now trying to see if it is stable. Maybe I will be investing in an Abit board soon. Wrican2k, do you know what revision number your board is... is it a rev 2.0? if it is a rev 1.04 like mine, or a 1.06, I think we have reached the limits of our mobos without more chipset voltage/cooling.

My revision for a7n8x dx

I have revision 2.0 and it came with the 1005 bios pre installed. I heard though that there is a beta version of 1006. Do you think it will help? btw, I have the same problem If I even dare to set the bus mhz to 202 no boot. Get the system failed due to cpu overclocking, or no keyboard detected, or the infamous system failed memory test. Let me know where you got your water cooling kit from I'm very interested in that heard good things about water cooling. How much $ did it cost? If you got your memory to 433 let me know what the settings are that you set in the bios for that because I'm having no luck. Thanx for the quick reply. By the way Both our vid cards Rock!!!!!!

Ironman = Radeon 9800 Pro
Wrican2k= FX 5900 Ultra

Lower your multiplier on the processor as low as it can go,
and then run the FSB as high as you can go so you guys can
figure out what the processors and the motherboards top
end is.

I can almost guarantee the memory can outrun the motherboard
and the processor.

yeah, my motherboard has definately reached it's limits, so I am debating modding this, or getting an NF7-S rev 2.0, which is the more likely of the two. the proc, and memory can both handle more... the proc has been higher before all the extra heat from the 9800 pro and the mem is rated 3500

Also my watercooling system is completely home built, I use the gemini CPU block I get pretty decent temps, came out really nice. I want to submit an article some time, just really haven't had the time to do it. The whole thing is in a caase under my comp, like the prometia fits...lol, except that it doesn't perform like one.

Ir0nman

without overclocking? id assume 2, 5(or 4 if you have the option)
2, & 2.
dont know if AMD boards have any extra memory enhancements
like the intels do, but if so, just turn them on.
(t1 t2 command per clock maybe? dunno, just dunno..)

happy overclocking :)

Back