• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blow out or suck in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

I just had a wierd thought. I have a water cooled system with 2 fans on the radiator (push & pull). I recently made a 92mm blowhole ontop of my case and i was wondering...
If im using water cooling and all the hot air from the cpu is going out where the radiator is, should i make the 92mm fan still blow air out of my system or should i flip the fan over and make it blow old air in.

I personally would want the blowhole to be blowing air out...just becuase if the two air 'current's (The pulling off rad and the 92 blowing in above it....) would spread the bad air out, and not get rid of the hot air...

Dunno...just my ideas :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Out....like cack said, there are other things in your PC giving off heat. Mosfets, memory, PSU, etc. Definatly blowout. Should help with dust also. :)

LoL @ my setup :D

2 casefans, ontop and low-side, both blowing air inside....
one aimed at the cpu and memory
the other to cool down my vid-card and chipset
and due to the overpressure inside the case, the not so warmed up air cools down both my harddisks on the way out (removed front's at the front)
At the back of the case from mid to top warm air is coming out, also due to my dualfanned Enermax.

This setup simply gave me the best results.

And dusty? Mainly just the fans themselves; practicly nothing inside the case.

btw, it's a rather small midi-sized pc-case

I don't know why you need another fan. The fans at the radiator are also pulling the hot case air out. In theory I suppose cooler air blowing over the radiator is good but I don't think the other elements in the case are going to make that much of a difference.

That said, I'd blow in which will add pressure to the case making airflow at the radiator a bit faster. Outward will only make the fans you actually need (at the radiator) have to work harder against the vaccuum a separate output fan would create.

The biggest problem with an intake on top is that dust settles downward and could become a real problem if it travels all the way to your radiator. Sorry but I'd seal the hole.

*chanting* window window....

Back