• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S rev 2.0 vs. A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

Ok, my A7N8X Deluxe (from here on out the Asus) has a disfunctional lime green audio jack. Newegg will allow me to exhange it for either another A7N8X Deluxe or for the NF7-S. Please help me decide Are there any pros/cons of the Asus vs. the Abit? I am looking to game with an OC'd 1700+(JIUHB DLT3C 0310), and will be watercooling in the near future. I have ddr400 ram so I am looking to OC around there at least, possibly higher. I DO NOT WANT TO PERFORM ANY HARDMODS TO THE BOARD. I will add cooling to whatever needs it though.
Thanks,
Nanidin

No hardmods, get the Abit. You can change the VDD, also the vCore is 2.3v which is enough to blow your CPU. The big problem is with the coaxial jack but you can DIY one for a seconds

What kind of fsb's can I expect with out a hardmod on the A7N8X?

around 230, maybe even over

i'd go with the abit myself since it's the better overclocker...

i'm tempted to go out an buy the nf7-s 2.0 and sell my a7n8x on ebay... soooo tempted ....

go for the ABIT, thats what im running and its amazing as others have said. it will be much easier to overclock than the Asus

Back