• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S rev 2.0 vs. A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

Ok, my A7N8X Deluxe (from here on out the Asus) has a disfunctional lime green audio jack. Newegg will allow me to exhange it for either another A7N8X Deluxe or for the NF7-S. Please help me decide Are there any pros/cons of the Asus vs. the Abit? I am looking to game with an OC'd 1700+(JIUHB DLT3C 0310), and will be watercooling in the near future. I have ddr400 ram so I am looking to OC around there at least, possibly higher. I DO NOT WANT TO PERFORM ANY HARDMODS TO THE BOARD. I will cool whatever needs to be cooled.
Thanks,
Nanidin

ps. I am aware I put this in 3 different areas, but in the AMD area, it got 0 views other than my own and I figured I would reach a larger audience this way.

If you don't want to do and mods to your board and you want to use some pretty aggressive cooling(like water) then you will get more milage out of the Abit. It has much better voltage options and most people are able to get some pretty nice fsbs out of it. Personally I don't think its that big of a deal to give up the 2nd nic port on the Asus in return for that ;) Only downside for me is that I liked the layout of the Asus board better than the Abit (really better than most any board I have used recently).

right now i have both boards..
the a7n8x dlx running a barton 2500+ at 2.3 stock voltage
and a NF-7s running the SVC 1700+ DLT3C chip.. currently at stock speeds (need a bit better cooling)

i use the a7n8x since my case is windowed and it looks alot better without the extra wires hanging from the board =d asus did a good job wiht the placement of their parts and 2.3 ghz barton is more than enough for the needs of most ppl =d..

bascially if you care how you present your computer.. windowed cased and the works then a7n8x is the way to go =d the nf7s is just too sloppy with the 20 pin connector in the middle and then other 4 pin connector sticking out =d.'

but if you're one of those ppl that dont care about looks and just wants bleeding edge speed and all the works =d go NF7-s

cherryp00t can you please give us some details on your cpu?? really nice cpu btw, you've got the 2nd best one i've read about... this other guy runs his at 2.5ghz at default.... my ****ty barton can't go over 2.2ghz @ 1.85v :(

Hm, I'm going to stick with the Asus after all. I fixed my sound problem and now it's not worth it to ship it back for about ten bucks. In the future when I have my entire rig set up and I get tired of the Asus I will probably sell it at a loss and get either the 8rda+ (2.x) or the NF7-s depending on how the 8rda+ performs. Thanks for the input guys, but my sound problem turned out to be end user problem and it's fixed now(jumpers ... whoa I'm stupid)

Back