• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the best goop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I was wondering which was the best....is as3 the best still..or is creamique or however you spell it..?:D....thanks fot the info :D

According to Nevin from Arctic silver, the performance difference between AS3 and ceramique is virtually negligible. Other features of the pastes (consistency, composition) would be more likely to make one more attractive than the other. Nanotherm PCM+ is also recognized as a premier paste.

ceramique and nanotherm pcm+ are said to be the best

i'm using ceramique right now and it's pretty good... i've ordered some nanotherm pcm+, should be getting here soon, it's slightly better than ceramique temperature wise but it's very easy to apply from what i've read...

There is a paste by Antec which is in fact exactly the same as AS3.

Nevin said:
Actually, current Antec silver compound with a label that wraps all the way around the tube and slightly overlaps and all PCtoys brand silver compound will perform identically to AS3.

(If you get my drift.)

Nevin House
President
Arctic Silver, Inc.

so then ceramique cools a tad bit better?......or worse sorry if I missed it...it was said they are negligable....but I assume since as3 is silver based it's heat transfer is a tad buit better......but I read a review that said ceramique is tackier.....does this mean it's better for sticking stuff with ie using as a non permanent adheisive?..thanks again:D

Ceramique would not make a good adhesive. The term tackier was just used to help describe the relative consistency of ceramique compared to AS3.

There are some reviews which rank the pastes... but the differences are so small between AS3 and ceramique that I don't think any reviewer besides BillA could accurately determine which is better.

well then Ceramique from now on then :).....less risk etc.....good thing I just bought some Ceramique adheisive insteas of the $15 AS3 heh.....saved $7 :)

Back