• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help oc'ing NF7-S and 2800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oratel

Registered
Hey guys I am stuck. I FINALLY got another NF7-S board after a DOA first one and I installed it last night along with a stick of PC3700 HyperX 512 mb. After trying to tighten up the memory settings to 2 2 2 6 I was greeted by several beeping sounds and/or XP telling me that there is a file missing in the SYSTEM32 folder that is either missing or corrupt. So I loosened them to 2.5 3 3 7 and it MAGICALLY found the missing file and booted fine. After that I tried pumping up the FSB to 175 while lowering the multiplier but NOTHING. All I get are beeps when I try to boot or the dreaded CPU changed or unusable...so on and so on. Is there something I am missing? There are TONS more features on this mobo than my last Asus and I am trying to figure this out. How can I overclock this setup? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2800 Barton w/ Vantec Aeroflow
NF7-S w/ 512 PC3700 HyperX
Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro
Antec TrueBlue 480
Antec Plusview AMG

hmm isnt the hyperX not the best ram to put with the nf7-s ?? i might be wrong

drop the multipiler on that 2800+ 10 then rise the fbs to 200 that will give u a total off 2.0ghz :) see if that helps

Back