• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positively ID'ing an NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

I recently purchased an NF7 on ebay and was assured both buy the Auction text and the buyer that it was a Version 2.0.
I think, however, that it is not. The white sticker just by the PCI slots says serial number + NF7 V 1.1.
The board shows up in Sandra as a V1.x
It did come in a box labeled V2.0, but...?
Is there a way to positively ID this board?

My board (definitely a v2.0) showed in Sandra as 1.X with the original BIOS loaded. when I flashed to the 1.4 BIOS (and higher) Sandra then correctly showed 2.x for the board.

I'd be more concerned with that sticker by the PCI slots.... Mine does say v2.0 on it....

Flashing the BIOS with a v2.0 version BIOS if it IS a 1.1 board is a bad thing though....so I don't recommend it until you have positively ID'd the board. but judging by the sticker, it might be a v1.1

Does yours have a red LED towards the bottom of the board when power is connected (not necessarily running, just plugged in)?? I believe that red power LED is v2.0 specific. According to what's discussed here, it is...

Do you have the four holes around the CPU socket?? I *think* those got added in on the v1.2 boards....

B.

Mine also has the "V2.0" on the sticker. That would be my biggest concern with the V1.1 on that sticker. I guess we'll wait for a reply to the stepping code.

Install the FlashMenu from Abit and it 'll automaticaly update the BIOS to the latest version for yor mobo

I went ahead and used Flashmenu to update the BIOS to the latest. FWIW, Sandra ID's the MB this way:
7/24/03 nVidia nForce 6A61BA1AC-21

Any comments on the NB chipset stepping?

The bios version is 21.

Congratulations! You have revision 1.2

Return the board to the person who 've sold it to you as soon as possible !

that sucks man, and yes I also love the way you put things.

Very to the point :)

good luck getting it returned.

Back