• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7T TURBO 2 Won't reboot all the time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prp25brad

I bought a k7t turbo2 the other day. I didn't buy it for the speed or because I thought I would have a fast machine, I bought it for something cheap to use my old pc133 and get familiar with overclocking on a cheap machine. PLUS have a decent second box for Everquest 2.

My question is once I overclock it say 15 * 150 the machine's reset and power buttons won't work properly. Once I exit the bios the machine won't restart all the time. Sometimes it will most of the time I have to unplug it then plug it in to get it to boot and once it boots it runs fine. Prime 95 will run for atleast 2 hours with no problem at 2250. So it seems there is a problemd in the mobo, I think. I also got the new bios, I think its version 3.6 it is the latest one they have on the website. Also would like to say that it does this pretty much anytime its above the default settings.

I have that same board on another PC and it does the exact same thing.
I have yet to figure out why it does this. Sometimes holding in the reset button seems to let it post so I can get into the bios. But if not I have to turn the power off at the back of the machine, once I turn it on 9 times out of 10 I can post.

Back