• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help With Using IDE 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabwafare2001

Registered
I have the setup listed in my sig. My questions is how do I install a regular hard drive, not raid, on IDE 3? What steps would I take? The manuel doesn't show how to. I currently have a 120gb hd that I want to install on this channel, but it is not reconize by windows. The drive is working though case I hear & feel it running. Thanks in advance for helping, because it is really needed.

did you install the raid drivers? i believe the controller for the 3rd ide is mixed in with the raid chip, so even if you dont want raid you might need those drivers. i know the third ide option on my kt6, the manual says the controller is built into the raid chip, but i dont have the high end mobo so i cant test the theory

I have installed the raid drivers on 'C' drive, fitted my spare drive to IDE3, enabled 'RAID' in BIOS, set up a stripe array with the drive, but when I try to boot I get a black screen after the 'Windows XP' splash screen. When I disable 'RAID' in bios again it boots up fine.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

you might have reached the limit of that 300 watt psu your using

a basic 350 watt enermax beats that thing by 50 percent or more on max amps especially the max 12v amps

Back