• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why doesn't my MB boot when I set the Performace Mode to 'Turbo'?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goenitz_196

Hi I'm pretty new to this....

I have the Asus P4P800 Deluxe I bought a few days ago. My specs are:

Windows 2000 Pro Service Pack 4 + all updates
P4 2.8cGhz 800Mhz
Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
512MB DDR Kingston Value RAM single stick
40GB Maxtor as master and 80GB Seagate as Slave

Now I have heard of this PAT feature that can be enabled on this motherboard...and the thing is in the BIOS, when I set the Performance Mode to either 'Standard' or 'Turbo' the system doesn't boot up - the monitor just stays on standby with the HD led lights lit up. This also happens when I set the Memory Acceleration to 'Enabled'.

When I power off the system I have to wait at least 10 minutes before the system can boot up again, and when it does it says "OVERCLOCKING FAILED! PRESS F2 TO ENTER SETUP OR PRESS F1 TO REVERT TO DEFAULT SETTINGS" so I have to put the settings back to normal for it too boot up.

Why is this happening? Is it because of the crappy Kingston Value RAM? Or do I need to adjust some other stuff in the BIOS?

The BIOS I have currently have is version 1005.001, dated 04/22/2003.

Any help please?

I would try updating the bios to 1009 final first. Then try to boot up with turbo enabled again. If it still doesn't work, that means your ram can't handle the increased speed, so you will need to leave it on auto. Also, I would highly recommend getting another stick of matching ram when you have a chance. These m/b's are meant to run with two sticks in dual-channel. Your performance will increase substantially.

Last edited:
Back