• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys, I know nothing about PC133... help find fast ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axle

I'm in the market for some fast (read: fast) PC133 ram to go into my new tiny project: a Via Epia 533MHz. Now, as some of you may know, 533MHz (espically a Via) isn't exactly]/i] blazing, so I'm hoping for some fastish RAM to make up for it.

This machine will be doing Word, IE6, and a Dictionary... it MAY, however, get my old TV card, a Happauge PCI.

I really know nothing about older ram (or for that matter DDR! Although I was mighty impressed the other day looking at a 6500 mem bandwidth bechy with OCZ 4000 @ dslr), so can you all reccommend either 256 or 512 of some speedy PC133? I'd like to keep it under $50 too, please (oh THAT's not asking much, ey?).

XP Pro.

Thanks IA, all :)

Look for Corsair or Mushkin PC133 rev3.0 sticks. They do 160s FSB at cas222 if that fits your desire.

Crutial/Micron! Great, thanks. I'm pending with a guy for 512 PC133 Micron (probably no ca2- looks like "value brand") for $34 shipped.. not shabby.

I looked at Mushkin PC133...!!!! Just a tad out of my price range. Thanks all the same, though.

Back