• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly the stupidist problem ever (concerning a Smart Fan 2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7h3r4py

My Smart Fan 2 got delivered today so I opened it up and connected it to my PC to test it out. Then I connected the speed control cable and tested it. Now the problem: the speed control cable wont come back off! After it clicks in two little grippy things click and lock it in so it is impossible to take it out again. I tried using tweezers to squeeze them together to release it but it wont work, they just do not move. Am I not meant to be able to remove it? I do not want to use the speed control, I was just testing it, now I want to remove it so there is no extra cable hanging down onto my heatsink and motherboard.

HELP!

(please :D)

hehe, I got ya beat -- I didn't realize it was locked into place and ripped the control knob and wires right out of the connection on my first SCFII :rolleyes:

Anyway you can remove it. I have since gotten 2 additional SCFIIs and have done it on them. Unfortunately I'm still at work right now so can't go and try it to be able to give you a good run down. When I get home I'll check back...

Thankyou for being more stupid than me *cough* I mean... OK I will wait :D lol

(sorry for not posting back earlier)

Just took a look at the connection on the SFCII on my XP2100 rig which has the control pot hooked up to it. The lock looks something like this (minus the dots):

|.......|
|./| |\.|
|..| |..|
|/.| |.\|

(more or less)

basically you just need to slightly pull outward the two outer hooks. It shouldnt take much. Hope that helps :)

Back