• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OCing dummy+new rig=lost wannabee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spleen43

Registered
Hello everyone. I am like so many here, a lurker. Not sure if thats a word. But anyway, I have come out of the Dell/Compaq closet and built a new rig. Current comp. stats
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.4c 800MHz FSB, Socket 478 Retail
Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe i875P P4 (800FSB)
Let me say I was a "lurker" only togather info and mostly because being OC dumb, I have had nothing to add. I built this new rig on everything I have read on this Mb and the frontpage tuts. from this site and others.
I just wanted say hello to everyone and if anyone else is just a guest here, come on in and dont be bashful. If a dummy like me can post and ask questions here, then you have nothing to fear:)

Welcome to (actually posting in) the Forums! :D

There are many lurkers watching, or so I have been told....;)

It's great when one builds up a system and pops their head in :D

Congrats on the rig :)

Welcome to (actually posting in) the Forums

Thank youfor such a warm welcome. I started this thread in hope that others wouldnt just lurk, but join a great community. It took me awhile, 8 months to be exact, to join and post. Not sure what I can contribute being lost in the OC world. But what a great place to start learning:)

It is def. a great place to start learning. Everyone here is very helpful and always nice. Ask as many questions as you want, thats how you learn. Hopefully some more lurkers will join in...Welcome Lurkers!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Matt

Spleen43 said:
Hello everyone. I am like so many here, a lurker.

Welcome to the posting end of the forum!

I was a lurker for a long time too and I have never regretted joining :)

Don't worry about the 'just started overclocking' thing, overclocking isn't all this forum does by a long shot. From the Hardware end, to stuff like Folding and Software, it's all here. I'm sure you can contribute somehow :)

I think I should have started this thread elsewhere. I started this thread in search for some help for my mem;
Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000
I got lost on how great it is to be here :)

Welcome to the forums! I started lurking in here about a year ago, and posting a few months ago. There isn't much information on overclocking that you cannot find here, and if it isn't here, then someone will know where it is.

Mdcomp: What do you do in the Army? (I'm a 91H, optical lab spec.)

kestrel said:

Not in the army, lol. Just a big supporter of the army and my country.
:D

Matt

Not to get off the subject, but back in the 80's I was a 94B. Behind enemy lines! Back then the Iron Curtain was still alive and I was stationed in West Berlin for 2 years, well before the "Wall" came down.
I'm sorry I have side tracked so much here but I do have a question. I have looked for ratios for my mem; Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000, and I cant find squat on info. Is it because its too new, or this mem. is just an overkill that just doesnt OC well.
I look foward to any input,links.

Thx all:)

Back