• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA3+ help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDninjaboy

Hi everyone, got my new board installed and it wont detect the hard drive. It detects the cd rom no prob but it wont find the HD. Tried different cable, different drive(know they work cause I took it out of back up puter) but it wont detect it at all. If I have the jumper in Master position, it hangs on the detecting IDE drives on startup, if i move it to slave or c/s it goes past the detecting part but shows primary ide as 'none'. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Shane.

Is it Western Digital? Try removing the jumper completely and see if that works. You can put it horizontally across two pins if you want to keep it with the drive.

help

Its a Maxtor 80Gig, 7200 rpm drive. Ive tried it with the jumper in master, slave, c/s, no jumper nothin seems to work. It will find the cd rom no prob but not the HD.

This is hard to do nowadays since the cables have the notches on them, but try the cable every which way you can. And plug the drive into both connectors one at a time, reverse the cable, etc. Try every possible combination. To be extra sure, try it with that second cable.

If that fails, reset the CMOS, put all IDE devices on AUTO, pop out the BIOS battery and unplug the PSU for a few mins. If none of that has any affect, I am afraid it might be RMA time. :(

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

8RDA3+

Seems the problem is an underpowered power supply. I am using a generic 350 Watt p/s. I have this puter watercooled, Im runnin 2 120MM YS tech fans on the rad, 2 80 mm exhaust fans and a 120MM blowhole exhaust in the top of the case. All fans are on a nexus fan contoller and the only drives I have are a HD, floppy and a cd rom. Hard to believe 350 watts isnt enough but i guess ill try my 450 watt enermax in there.

Back