• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2800+ with Coolermaster HHC-001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccc1005

Registered
Hi I have a Barton 2800+ with a Coolermaster HHC-001 (using the thermal grease that comes with the HS), on a A7N8x Deluxe Rev 2.0 board.

Using MBM5 I am getting temps idling at:

Board: 27C
Socket: 40C
Diode: 60C

Under Prime95 load for a few minutes its gets up to:

Board: 27C
Socket: 46C
Diode: 73C

***One thing i noticed is that the difference between the socket and diode temps are quite large (20-30C range) Could the diode sensor just be off?

***I know the case is getting enough cooling at the mobo temp is only 27 and i have 3 case fans running right now.

I was even able to run Prime95 a few days ago for 16 hrs straight around 67-70C without and error.

I am using the HHC-001 with the copper heat pipe and 6800 RPM fan, I expected A LOT better performance out of this than I am getting.

We also have a 2600+ running with the same HS but a 3000 RPM fan and the temps are in the 50s under load.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Last edited:
bad mount probablly.. but serously i would invest in a better heatsink =d go for a sk-7 coupled wiht smart fan 2

cheap and you cant go worng with that combo =d

Well I tried mounting it again, it is on correctly and the temps are the exact same (a little higher now cause its warmer here)

I have heard that the HHC-001 is quite a good HS, is it not good enough for the Barton 2800+?

And is it possible the diode sensor is just off, is it usual to have a 20-30C difference between the diode and the socket?

I'm using HHC-001 on a 2500+ O/C'd to 2.08Ghz (12.5*166) and my readings are 46* at load and 40* idle. Try getting some AC3 and reseattiing you heatsink.

Doesnt that heatsink use a 60mm fan ? Also In the review here at overclockers that thing kept a palomino @ 1200 at 40c under load so your temps should be around high 40's low 50's. The heatsink is probably making poor contact as 73 load temps is definitly to high.

70°C eh, touch the heatsink, is it hot or warm under load? If it is just warm then the reading are most likely off assuming it is mounted correctly as you stated.

Back