• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best RAM under $150 (2x256)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoomArse

best DDR RAM under $150 (2x256)

exactly what the title asks, and i want to run it in dual channel so i need 2x256

I'm just going to toss out one of the better deals (although you would have to go at good lengths to do it). I'm assuming your running an Intel P4C in order to use these high-speed memory.

Right now, the best buy is purchasing 2x256MB ADATA PC4000 from either Japan or China for around $65-70 a piece. Estimate around $150-$165 for it shipped to US, although you would be best to have someone you know who speaks Japanese or Chinese, or who is over there now, to buy it for you.

2x256MB Duel-Channel GeIL Ultra-Platinum PC4000 costs about $155.

well i dont know anyone who speaks japanese or chinese, anyone have any other suggestions

He has an AMD sys so i doubt he wants any of that.. not sure if the GeIL can do decent timings at all but ADATA can't. Try looking at some Mushkin Black 3500, Kingston HyperX, or some TwinMOS. If you do want a 512 stick you can get the new TwinMOS Twister 3700 in 512 sticks at memoryx.

I have my Geil PC4000 running at 502 Mhz but it is $158 --- purchased from GameVe.com ............

I JUST (today) got my a-data 2X256 sticks pc4000 from england,
they can run 2,5,2,2,and "enhanced" @ 200mhz, and they came out to almost exactly $ 160.00. they also show up perfectly as ddr 400 spec when my post screen fires up.
Now , if only i had a p4c to take advantage of them :(
but im planning for the future, yeah thats it :)
(does anyone know when intels next chip price drop is?)
(im hearing september.. so i gotta wait :( :( :( :( )

Back