• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has any1 scored 18-20,000 3dmarks with a 1700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wardog50

Hey guys Im thinking of building a new AMD system and was wondering how many people have hit 18,000 or if anyone has hit 20,000 using the 1700tbreds.
If not do you think a barton 2500 could do it?

Id look on futuremarks sight but I dont have the ability to browse their sight for some reason.

Thanx everyone.

Wardog

a barton would give you a much better chance.. my barton score over 1k higher than a tbred which was clocked a few mhz higher =d that extra cache helps in the benches

As long as you have a very good vid card and can run at FSB speeds above 220, you're almost assured of 18k on 3Dmark2001.

don't base a machine on it's 3dmark score. 3dmark is like 70% GPU imo. i wouldn't aim for a high score in synthetics. if you want to do something useful with a nasty overclock like that try folding for our folding team. if you want to know what folding is check out the folding team forum on the forum index page.

thanx

Thanx for all the replies so far.

I know that the benchmarks are synthetic environment but a few of my friends are just driving me crazy.
They brag to me all the time about their scores which are always higher than mine since my current system is very outdated.
What kills me even more is they higher out to shops and private people to get these systems built for an arm and a leg.

I just want to build a really cheap system that will show these guys up. Just to teach them a lesson. (which would be not to pay so much for what seems to me to be so little).

I already have a 9500np that mods and ocs nicely so that will help alot. Although I think I might still get a 9800.

It seems like the Abit bords are the way to go as as mobos go but what would you guys recomend as far as RAM?

Do you think some cheap Kingston would do well?

Thanx again

Wardog

Back