• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 deluxe+ AIW 9700 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frisco204

my friend has a P4C800 deluxe mobo and an AIW radeon 9700 pro. it seems like th video card is not compatible with the mobo. he has a generic 350 watt PSU. he also had the latest mobo bios. in most games there are artifacts and he has to underclock both the vpu and ram. mind you his system is not overclocked, and has good cooling.

do you think the vid card is bad? or is not compatible? we will be testing this card with my mobo this week...hopefully its not the card.

thanks.

power supply

I have a P4 2.8C & ASUS p4800c deluxewith ATI 9700Pro; CPU running 3.4 GHz with Corsair 3700 ram running 1:1 @ 240 FSB.

This system would not boot at stock with a flaky 400 power supply. You need at least 425 or better power supply. I woud recommend ANTEC 550 power supply. Power supply is very iomportant for good over clock or just running a stable system.

The ATI p700 Pro drinks power. Good Luck. I would recommend testing the card in another system to be sure but the system shoul;d have at least a 450 power supply.;)

If you look at the P4C800-Dlx manual, it refers to the 9700 that is version -30 or below as having issues with the board. I do have a 9700 that is below the -30 recommended and have not had any problems since I raised the vagp to 1.7v. Many have been able to run stable with 1.7vagp and by turning off fast writes and write combining. The 1.7vagp is all I had to do. I did not have to turn off anything. If your version of 9700 is above -30 then you should not have any problems. This was an ATI problem and not Asus.

Hi guys -

I have the same board with the same grx card [ATI Radeon 9700 Pro] Rev .11 and was wondering if this problem affects all cards built prior to Rev .30? So far my system does not show instability problems with all options on, but I fear its only because its running on a clean install of Win XP. Anyone know if there's a way to test or duplicate some of the symptoms that might show whether or not my cards affected?

Thanx

Back