• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just want to confirm that my ECS K7s5a board is dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hardcorecomp

I hadnt used my K7s5a board for awhile, and thought I would build a case out of all the extra stuff I had lying around. Well I put it all together with my XP1800+, network cards, video card etc. and it powered up....fans on nothing else. There werent even any beepings from the speaker as to what might be the problem. I thought I had jacked up my processor(done once before) so I switched it out to a 1700+ and it was the same story, fans on no video. I replaced the video card with a couple other ones, no go. I even took out all the RAM to make it do that repetitive beeping, but it even do that. I removed all the expansion cards and had just the processor connected. Finally I switched out the power supply, thinking maybe that the 250watt power supply didnt have enough juice to a 300 watt that works with my other 1800. Still it powered up without any beeps for either processor. Does anyone know of anything else to try, or is my mobo dead. I am thinking dead :(

Take it out of the case and try it in the box it came in....oh....And check the CMOS jumper.

Back