• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li or Antec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texp4

Lian Li PC65USB
or Antec SX1000II Full SOHO case

My rig will be an overclocked one at least 800MHz.
I wonder which one will be a better case?
thanks

Only a slight bit. Get a case with good airflow to the HSF. Or just buy a cheap case and make your duct directing airflow directly to your HSF. Really depends on a lot of things. What Im telling you might not betrue

size matters

Get whichever one is bigger (probably the Antec). I have a PC60 and it's cramped, the airflow suffers because everything is so close together. I'm cutting two 120mm fan holes in the sidepanel right over the CPU to fix it though :D

In my opinion Lian-Li's are sexier :D

The one I got came with two front intake fans, one back exhaust fan and a top blowhole exhaust... how many more fans do you need?! So you may want one on the side panel but cutting that is easy and you can buy new ones if you mess up.

Depends what you are looking for. The Lian-Li is better looking IMHO and I have definatly found it to be the easiest case to work on.

Antec has a steel case. It is harder to modify that the aluminum in a Lian-Li. If you expect to modify the case go for the Lian-Li.

Some people get cases for looks, others for performance, even more for cost and perhaps a few who take any of these into account.

Personally I like my case to perform and look good. If i need to spend a few extra bucks so be it.

Both are good cases, I am partial to Antec however.

I have the lian li PC65usb (black) and I love it. Easy to work with and light. Neither case will really directly affect you OC at all aside from the airflow it provides. I feel the Lian Li has a better airflow setup as well :D Plus there are too many antec/chieftec/chenmig cases out there. Get something a little different.

There is an Antec case.. SLK3700SMB or something like that which has all features you could want, except the MB tray, however it has front and rear 120mm fans.

Thats what puts it above the Lian Li to me.

Re: size matters

ZaP37 said:
Get whichever one is bigger (probably the Antec). I have a PC60 and it's cramped, the airflow suffers because everything is so close together. I'm cutting two 120mm fan holes in the sidepanel right over the CPU to fix it though :D

Agreed. That's the only thing that bothers me about my PC-60 as well. It's an excellent case, with much nicer looks than the Antec IMO, but if it were slightly larger, then it would have been better.

No aluminum case is great when cutting holes. The steel ones even though thicker and take more time have less chance of having issues when cutting.

how easy is it to cut a hole for a fan in a plexi-glass case side panel window (on a lian-li pc65b)?

CGR said:
Nothing beats the looks of this case, that i have found. The finish is so perfectly done with a lot of quality that you can see your reflection in it.

http://www.directron.com/slk3700amb.html

I agree thats a real nice case. I was pleasantly suprised when I got one recently for my wife's machine. This is the best budget case I have ever seen. It looks great AND has fantastic cooling. The paint job is definatly top notch.

texp4 said:
Lian Li PC65USB
or Antec SX1000II Full SOHO case

My rig will be an overclocked one at least 800MHz.
I wonder which one will be a better case?
thanks

Id say antec. I have the Antec soho server case and I LOVE it. As for overclocking the case isnt gonna make a difference. Unless your system is suffering from heat and your case doesnt have good air flow.

Back