• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature variations on a P4.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
I would like to know what are considered normal temp variations for a P4. Would I'm interested in is NOT the actual numbers but just how far is the range. . what is say the normal range of a CPU. for example. . is a 15 degree spread between idle and load temps normal. . . is it too high or low. I saw an article where someone had a 3 degree spread on a water block. . . Im using stock air on a P4. so what is the normal range? 10c . . 20c? how much should that temp bounce around. Of course the smaller the better. but what is considered the normal operating range.

(redundancy lol)

(must be the beer shhhhh )

IMHO, on my system I have about a 35-40°F max swing. You have to remember that ambient temps have a lot to do with this also. Like yesterday it was 86°F in my room. While watching tv on the computer and surfin da net ( trolling as I call it ) :) my temps were 100°F on the cpu and 93°F in the case. When I tried Prime95 last night fro 20 mins, my temps shot up to 115°F on the cpu and 98°F in the case. Right now @ 6am, my room temp is 79°F. The case temp is also 79°F and cpu is 85°F. So the short answer is, yes there can be quite a swing in temps but as long as the case temp is UNDER 122°F and teh cpu is under 145°F there is nothing to worry about.

Back