• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quest for 2.7 GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

My 2600+ may or may not end up hitting 2.67 Ghz (at 2.1V Prime95 crashed after 5 mins or so, but I don't know how much higher i should go).

Say I can't get my 12x multiplier on my 220+ FSB (12 x 220 = 2640 to give you an idea) to be stable. Would picking up a TBRED2 DLT3C 1700+ or 1800+ be wise? They're cheap, but I don't know how high they can go. I have Prometia subzero cooling. Think I'd be able to get higher with one of those?

Also, what do you think the best AMD chip is for getting super high frequencies?

def a 1700 or 1800+

you might even wanna give those bartons are try some of them are hitting 2.5 also though not as often as teh 1700 or 1800+

if you are going for a 1700 or 1800 try to see ifyou can find the stepping DLT3C AIXHB

The very least my 2600+ can do is around 2550-2570, FOR SURE. I just want to get higher than that =). I want to know which chip has the best track record of getting VERY high clock speeds (2.7 and above) since I think I have the necessary equipment to push it that high.

Your best bet is to buy a 3000+ or 3200+. But that's a lot of money to shell out. If you want to find a cheap amd that will hit 2.7GHz, you 'll probably have to get a few Bartons or DLT3C TbredBs, pick out the best performer and sell the others. I wouldn't gaurantee that any given chip of a particular voltage and stepping will reach uber-high speeds.

It doesn't show up as any PR rating, just tells you the actual MHz (i.e. 2667 MHz instead of "3800+" or whatever that would be).

I'd say a 2100+ AIUHB or 1700+ DLT3C would easily reach 2.7ghz on a Prometeia. Your 2600+ must not be a very good stepping, which is odd. A 1700+ DLT3C should reach 2.8ghz on a stock Prometeia, and possibly past 3 gHz on a modded one.

Does anyone know where I can get any of these DLT3C chips? I just scoured eBay to no avail. It has to be somewhere that can ship to Canada, or a member of these forums that are willing to ship it to me (after I pay them, of course =) ). I am not doing it right now but if it's reasonably cheap, why not?

Although I've heard it said repeatedly that the 1700+ DLT3C will outperform the 2100+, I've yet to get one that can. Granted I haven't gone through tons of 1700+s but the two I have purchased (in sig) were unable to get close to my 2100+. Likewise with the Barton. All perform reasonably well but simply don't respond to high vcore like my 2100+.

I don't believe my 2100+ is even the best stepping and it maxes out around 2900MHz. So, definitely keep the ol' 2100+ in mind ;)

Wholeheartedly agreed. The 2100+ is undoubtedly an excellent choice, especially for higher-voltage operation.

Hmmm. Interesting. On the VR-Zone "best overclocks" guide, the 1700+ has a better top score than the 2100+ and they are also more plentiful in the higher scoring overclocks.

Back