• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excellent cooling AND quiet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kronos138

does such a thing exist? my 2.4b is at 2.86 right now and i have my Volcano 7+ is set to high and is REALLY loud. normally this is fine but i'm going to use my rig to watch tv at school and it can't be this loud. any suggestions on how to cool my rig and keep is quiet?

Zalman CNPS 7000 alcu or just cu. Or you can get a slk and put a quiet fan on it so you can change your fan later. but for quiet definitely zalman

you wont sacrafice cooling but your OC wont be as extreme..

go with the 7000CU and also some vantec stealths or some panaflos and you have good cooling

Kronos138 said:
so if i have a high quality hs then i can afford to put a quieter fan and not sacrifice any cooling?

if your talking about the slk, then yes, you can get an slk and put a quieter panaflow fan on it and get some pretty nice cooling.

my neighbor is running a 2100 AIUHB with an slk 7 and a 33CFM 28Dba sunon and he's running over 2Ghz. (over 200FSB) with the new tbed B chips heat isn't nearly as much of an issue as it used to be and in most cases these chips will run cooler than pentium 4's. only with extreme voltage (1.9 or greater) do they really start cooking.

i'm running 1.9 V to my JIUHB DUT3C and at 215*10. currently does 31 board 41 CPU full load. it's really hot in here but even at night when my board temps drop to 26 my CPU doesn't change.

my slk-800u, and a enermax adjustable gives good temps

and its very low noise

the other case fans by themselves are louder than the enermax lol :p

My V7+ is always set to low fan rpm and it is quiet too.(see specs below)
I can watch vids and listen to music no prob when fan is set to low and my temps stay around 45c at load.

So look at how you have your intake/exhaust fans set up. There is no reason to buy a new fan. The TtV7+ is a very good fan/HS!

The Zalman is a much more efficient HS design. At the same noise levels it is about .10C/w better. I just got my Zalman yesterday, It didnt need lapping unlike my SLK-900, on high setting it beat out my Slk-900u w/49CFM fan, and was easier to install.

I own both and my decision is absolutely the Zalman CNPS 7000CU

Back