• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Overclock.... I NEED HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

okay i have an a7n8x dluxe Rev. 1.04...and a t-bred 1700+ (JIUHB 0302)
512 mb kingston hyperx pc2700
Prior to today i was running my cpu at 150*12.5 for a 1875mhz o/c my ram timings werew cas 2-2-2-5 and with those tight timings the best i could have gotten was no higher than a 150mhz fsb...

today i wanted to push my baby a bit more... so i lower my timings to 2.5-3-3-6 and i push the fsb up to 166 and the multi to 11.5 (i kept the same voltage)... the system was perfect!!! I ram prime95 for an hour and a half without any problems... i then rebooted, and set the system to a fsb of 175 and kept the multi at 11.5 for a total of 2012.5mhz.... (NOTE i am currently typing this with this setting)... i have not run prime 95, but i look in asus probe and i see that it say's my vcore is 1.728... HOWEVER i set my cpu voltage to 1.675 volts in the bios... is the board overvolting???

No when we talk Vcore we talk Vcore in BIOS and yes it's slightly different when displayed in other progs. Almost always.

37(min) C to 46(max) C Winter ; 42(min) C to 50(max) C Summer
Epox 8RDA+
Thermalright SK-7 with variable speed 80x25mm YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F
BFG GeForce4 Ti4200 8X 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 350W Antec SmartPower SL350
Five 80x25mm Ultra Quiet 18CFM Case Fans (NMB C3110KL-04W-B19)

okay thanks! Ya i ran prime 95 again and it failed at like the 10th test... so i upped the vcore in my bios to 1.7v and its been running prime 95 for 2 and a half hours without any errors so far! right now i have it at 11.5*175=2012.5 mhz... i also tightened my memory settings from 2.5-3-3-6 to 2-3-3-6... my question is is 1.7 volts a lot for my o/c??? And how many volts should my max be if i want to keep this processor for at least 2 years?

Darryl_D said:
okay thanks! How many volts should my max be?
1.8x Volts.

I disagree with people who go over that on permanent bases.

I think that it depends on the chip. If its a DUT3C, I think that even 1.9 or 1.95 would be just fine, but ONLY if your cooling is upto it.
On DLT3Cs, yea 1.85 should be the limit.

There have been people whose overclocks have severely deteriorated after usage of 2v on watercooling. IMHO, even 1.9-1.95 is too dangerous for DUT3C's.

Well, I may be wrong here... I never had the chance of putting enough volts through my chip as it got too hot so I can't say anything from expirience. It is all about the risk, depends on how high you want to go. As I see it, running a DUT3C at 1.95 is just the same as running a DLT3C at about 1.825...

Although the percentage increase in each is the same, voltage is a squared factor for heat dissipation. Only time will tell whether or not even 1.825 is dangerous for a DLT3C- it could be. But I'm positive that 2v is too much even for a DUT3C. 1.95v may very well be also. The risk doesn't justify the usage of voltages that high. In real world performance, its not like you're going to see a difference between even 2.2ghz and 2.7ghz.

hey guys, I have a DLT3C...
i tested the chip with 1.7 volts in bios.... (asus probe reported 1.76) at 2017mhz (175*11.5) my ram timings are 2-3-3-6... in prime 95 for 7 hours and 11 mins... and it passed... the idle temp (as reported by asus probe) is 38 degrees ceslius.. while the load temp (As reported by asus probe) is 46 degrees celsius... funny thing is that the even if i ran the torture test for an hour the temp ran up to 46 degrees, and when i left the torture test on the entire night it was still 46 degrees...WTF!!! shouldn't it be more?

oh well here are a couple of benchies...(sorry for the bad quality as they turned that way when i turned them into GIF files)

here is a screen shot of wheni got done running prime 95....
untitled.GIF

this is a screenshot of sandras cpu and bios info...
cpuandbiosinfo.GIF

this is the cpu arithmetic
cpuarit.GIF

cpu multimedia
cpumultim.GIF

and lastly my memory bandwidth... NOTE: i am running single channel :(
memory.GIF

You can't link images from geocities, you better make an HTML page on there with the pics showing, and just put a link to that page

Also, I don't really think you'd need 1.75volts to get 2GHz, stable. shoot for at least 2.2-2.3 at the vcore. The temps hit a certain point at which they don't go any higher.

the case cooling helps keep your temps from rising and rishing......the better the case airflow the faster your puter will reach it's max heat point

Back