• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Dlx owners Unite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confused

Alright fellow mobo owners, considering that we all have this new board and are experiencing the quirks of OC'ing, I thought if we pulled together we could help each other out. Here is what I have and what BIOS settings I have set for my only stabile OC so far

P4C800E Dlx 1010 BIOS
Corsair DDR500 XMS Duel channel kit
2.4C
465 Enermax

FSB 225 (900) (28°C - 42°C)
Memory Ratio 1:1 @ 2.55 V
CPU 2700 @ 1.7 V
AGP/PCI 66/33
Performance setting (Turbo)
PAT (enabled)

Sandra Memory Bandwidth
4967 / 5006

Sandra CPU arithmetic
D 8149 / W 2303/5092

Here is what i have tried and failed at so far:
1st
FSB 250 Memory ratio 1:1 @ 2.55 V
CPU 3000 @ 1.65
Performance (turbo)
PAT enabled
AGP/PCI 66/33
Prime95 failed out after 20 minutes I upped the Vcore voltage (1.7) and same thing happend, if i changed the Memory Ratio 5:4 errored out after 1hr, i thought about upping the memory voltage but didnt (should i up voltage to 2.85)

2nd
anything above FSB 260 BIOS fails and i have to trip CMOS

3rd
I used the AI overclock at +30% and everything is stabile but the memory automatically switches to 5:4, which doesnt exploit my DDR500 abilities.

Here is what is going to be changing:
SP-94 or SLK-900U ThermalRight heat sink

Any suggestions or criticism welcome

Last edited:
see my sig for my basic specs. i have the bios that shipped with the board. i don't know how different the two are. and where is the mem ratio setting in the bios? is the that mps option at the bottom or what? (i've been using a P4-TE or the last 2 years so i'm a bit behind when it comes to new bios options).

Last edited:
Try the usual tests to isolate your cpu and ram. Use the 3:2 mem ratio so your ram is well below its rated limit. Set the cpu voltage to 1.6 - a 2.4C won't benefit from anything higher in most cases. You should be running your memory at 2.65 minimum, probably more like 2.75+ if you're going to push it. Lock agp/pci, use manual ram timings of 2337. Set agp voltage to 1.6. Start the test over again and see how far you can take the cpu until it starts failing. Once you have that you can back off a little and start raising the memory until it fails.

Kronos138 said:
see my sig for my basic specs. i have the bios that shipped with the board. i don't know how different the two are. and where is the mem ratio setting in the bios? is the that mps option at the bottom or what? (i've been using a P4-TE or the last 2 years so i'm a bit behind when it comes to new bios options).

The Ratios are under advanced then DRAM frequency.

1:1 = 400
5:4 = 320
3:2 = 266

See Sig for specs. I have had 4 2.4C's and this is the best so far. What is your batch code on the CPU?

Code 4,

I lapped all the info off the CPU itself and didnt bother to write it down (hindsight is 20/20). The core is from Costa Rica

okay WaTaGuMp since i'm running a 'B' chip does that mean my ratio is already 5:4 ? i don't have the 400 option b/c of my chip

confused said:
Code 4,

I lapped all the info off the CPU itself and didnt bother to write it down (hindsight is 20/20). The core is from Costa Rica

I would pull it and check the batch. You might have a dud for a chip and that might be your problem. At least you would have a starting point as to what voltage etc... people used to get your chip maxed out. All 4 of my 2.4C's did at least 270FSB. I had 2 costa's and 2 malay's. I think you still have some more in it if you find the right settings. Do not be afraid of a little more voltage. The P4C800's undervolt bad when loaded. I have mine set to 1.675. In windows it shows 1.7V idle, but when I load it that drops to 1.57V. A .13 drop can really lead to instability quickly. I also run my ram @ 2.85V. Corsairs do fine with a big Vdimm. Their ram guy actually recomends you increase your voltage when OC'in the sticks at all. GL

Kronos138 said:
okay WaTaGuMp since i'm running a 'B' chip does that mean my ratio is already 5:4 ? i don't have the 400 option b/c of my chip

The memory dividers have nothing to do with your chip, so I dont see why you dont have the DDR400 option.

Do you have the E board cause your sig says you have the one below what this thread is about.

If you do have the right board then make sure you have the latest bios the 1010, maybe thats why you dont have the DDR400 or 1:1 option.

Also is that the 800mhz CPU or the older 533?

Code 4,

Yeah, i noticed the same thing when the CPU got loaded i was getting the same swing in voltage. I was wondering if my PSU could be bad but if your experiencing the same thing then i just have to add alittle more Vcore, and some then max out the Vmem. I waiting on a new heatsink (using the stock one) i want to wait for the ThermalRight SP-94 (heatpipe). ThermalRight wont say when they will be releasing it yet though, bummer. I might wait another week otherwise ill be ordering a THermalright SLK900U. Hopefully this helps.

confused said:
Code 4,

Yeah, i noticed the same thing when the CPU got loaded i was getting the same swing in voltage. I was wondering if my PSU could be bad but if your experiencing the same thing then i just have to add alittle more Vcore, and some then max out the Vmem. I waiting on a new heatsink (using the stock one) i want to wait for the ThermalRight SP-94 (heatpipe). ThermalRight wont say when they will be releasing it yet though, bummer. I might wait another week otherwise ill be ordering a THermalright SLK900U. Hopefully this helps.

What kind of PS do you have? I have a 550W Antec PS and I still get the big Voltage Flux. It makes not difference the board simply undervolts when loaded. Heat should not be an issue unless you have to pump a lot of volts to it. I used a stock intel and never go above 47C @ 280FSB 1.675V. I now have a Zalman 7000-CU and man it works great. Loaded @ 280 1.675V it only goes 38C.

Code 4,

I have an Enermax 465 for my PSU which is supposedly one of the best.

I tried som new things today and i cant get above 260 without the computer just restarting or giving me the blue screen.

Right now im at 260 @1.7V i did max out my Vmem though to 2.85 havnt done any stability testing yet (afraid) i do have my SLK900U on the way which will have my Thermaltake smart fan II or my 80mm Tornado on it by the end of the week.

How am i going to get over the 260 FSB mark?

thanks

Have mine running on tec and it is getting a max of 287 (though of questionable stability) at 2.85 v and 1.7v on the core. Daily run at 275. The 2.8c is over 4ghz at 287. Bandwidth is 6250 or so, a little on the low side of what I desired. Sandra estimates max bandwidth at a tad over 9000.

confused said:
Code 4,

I have an Enermax 465 for my PSU which is supposedly one of the best.

I tried som new things today and i cant get above 260 without the computer just restarting or giving me the blue screen.

Right now im at 260 @1.7V i did max out my Vmem though to 2.85 havnt done any stability testing yet (afraid) i do have my SLK900U on the way which will have my Thermaltake smart fan II or my 80mm Tornado on it by the end of the week.

How am i going to get over the 260 FSB mark?

thanks

Your PS should be fine unless you really have a ton of extra stuff in your case. Did you get the batch # of the CPU yet? I am curious to see what chip it is.

Code 4,

3 hard drives, 1 CDRW, 1 250 Mb Zip, 4 80mm case fans, thats all thats sucking off the PSU. (will be adding a Sony DVD+RW drive also)

When i get my new heatsink ill take a look under the chip otherwise this is my only PC (have to share with family too :(

Ill post as soon as i get it apart maybe this weekend

So far fellas here is where im stabile

250 FSB
Memory Ratio 1:1 @ 2.85 Vmem
3.0 GHz CPU @ 1.7 Vcore
Turbo on

Back