• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900u fan..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

Im debating whether to get a 92mm Tornado 119cmf @ 57dba (w/ hardcano control) or to just get a 92mm highoutput 57cfm panflo @ 35dba. can anyone give me an idea of what type of temp differences i will get with the 2, about how many degrees will the 119cfm help vs the 57? Or should i just stick with hardcano/92mmtornado and tone down the speed. Im probably getting a xaser III and am gonna be doin some major xp2500/nfs-7 2.0 overclocking.

well with the tornado, you can use the hardcano to turn the fan down a bit, to lower the noise level, and itll still probably push at least 80 cfms. i would definetly choose that over the panflo

i went with the panaflow on mind, sorry i can't give exact numbers, but IMO my 80mm tornado is annoying just when its on, i mean like even at the lowest voltage. There is just some whine that makes it get on my nerves more than a sf2:D

im talking 92mm power, not that wimpy 80mm stuff :) j/k but i think i might get panflo's/ SF II's to replace some of the fans in the xaser III

seer33 said:
im talking 92mm power, not that wimpy 80mm stuff :) j/k but i think i might get panflo's/ SF II's to replace some of the fans in the xaser III

um so am i... im just saying a 92 will be even more annoying than my 80mm tornado. i have a 92mm panaflow on mine...

Either are good fans... with my hate of loud computers and love of overclocking I would get the Panaflo. I use a less CFM fan turned down on my SLk-900U (Or just get a Zalman) and can still take my 2.4C 3312A Costa Rica to 3.57GHz on a P4C800 Dlx.

I have a rheostatted 92mm Volcano on a SLK 900U. It is loud at full tilt. Most of the time I have it turned down to around 35dba(an estimate). Running prime 95, the difference between tolerable over time and full speed is about 2C.

Back