• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can not get over 189fsb, but I see others that do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shannon

Hi, members
Read alot never post, ITS TIME!

I can not seem to get passt 189 front bus.
But if you look in the cpu database, theirs a couple ga7vax boards hitting 2200 and 2300 mhz, HOW?
Let me try to link

search for 2500 barton and read it!

any way is this possble because of the wire trick but ifso, what a bout agp/pci speed.

thanxhttp://www.cpudatabase.com

ga7vax f10
2500 barton fsb:189
thermal 7+
5200 128ddr
40 gig hd
pc3200

Last edited:
They will be increasing the multi to get a higher CPU MHz. eg 12.5x 189= 2362MHz, 13x189=2457MHz etc etc
189 is good for your mobo.

Hood

Look at your mobo, you should have a DIP sw for multi. raise it up to 12.5 and your fsb at 189 = 2362.5 Mhz. Just make sure the system is stable at 11.5 and 12 multi before you try 12.5.

my switch is set to "on" so if i switch it to "auto"
I'll be able to get higher FSb?

Thank you!
I should now my mobo better, when I bought it I never thought of overclocking! :)

You probably won't be able to get higher FSB. Let me rephrase that. I wouldn't raise the FSB any higher, because you are at the limit of PCI bus. Any higher, data in your HD might get corrupted, including the OS. To obtain higher clock speed, change the CPU multi. Your mobo manual should have the instructions.

edit: I realized after I posted that you were probably not looking at the right DIP sw. DIP sw to change the multi on your CPU has 6 switches on it and it's in between the CPU and the PS2 plugs. Look at your manual and raise the multi to 11.5 or higher depends on how high your CPU can handle it...

Last edited:
I'll check that out tonight, and get back to ya

thanks *Knowledge is valuable*

Back