• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high Should case temps be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magic187

My case temps are about 95 degrees while the temp in my house is 80. Is this too high? i have about 90cfm in the front and the stock antec fan which i geuss is doin 60cfm as well as the psu in the back.

95°F is not bad at all considering the 80°F ambient temp.
Usually the danger point is 120°F, Intel recommmends no case temps over 105°F but there is leeway in that statement. I called Intel on that matter and they told me as long as the case temp is BELOW 122°F you should be fine. You have to remember the the case temp directly affects the cpu temp. Lower is better. But you have nothing to worry about

I have the same case and my case temps are around 25 - 28c, in an air conditioned room. So its not too bad. My cpu temps range between 34 - 40 depending on what kind of load I am using.

I do beleive that this case would greatly benefit from a side intake. I am considering putting one in.

I found that my Ti4400 is so long that it almost hits the back of my hardrive and the two combined create this area under neath where hot air stagnates. I am looking into a solution for this. Possibly a mod with an exhaust where the slot covers are.

btw.. its a really nice case.

That happens with nVidia behemoth-in-a-slot cards. GEt a Radeon!

Having said that, I have a very similar case with a side intake added. Without the side intake, case temps are 3-5C warmer

Back