• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte 8pe667 u .. need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mobgotti

mods delete this,, no help here delete already

Hi everyone ,well i have a gig 8pe667u mobo.with 333 mhz bus i went into my bios and set it at 350 and my 2.53 went to a 2.8 but its giving me problems in games after a while it crashes to windows ,i have a themaltake case with 7 fans and the mother board fan i dont know the name but is got a Tt on it and is brass color, my friend told me is a good fan..i also have the 5900 ultra video card .i ran a 6104 bench in 2003 and 39 fs on nature my problem is i think i need to get my volt speed up a bit but im kina afraid to mess with it, iff any one can help me iff u have same board or know were i should raise the volts too ,,i have ddr 2700 with 2 512 s on it . i know nothing on over clocking except goin into bios and busting mhz can i get more expecific tips on full settings like, volts ,agp, memo volt ,or anything else i should change , thanx alot . please be espesific thanx

Last edited:
Raising the voltage would work, but I would try a few other things first. 333 is the memory bus, some memory might have a problem with 350mhz. I am running a 145 fsb (133 stock)( 2.77g from a 2.53 P4 )right now with a TT volcano. The heatsink sounds like a Thermal Take volcano which should be pretty good. Do you have thermal paste between the cpu and heatsink? ( just checking ) I would first try to up the memory voltage or stepping back the memory ratio so it is not overclocked. Also, try locking the agp bus to 66 mhz. Check the cpu temp if it shuts down again. Around 50*c is as hot as care to let the P4 get. I would bet if you lock the memory and agp bus it should be fine. Hope this helps. K1ll1nT1m3

Last edited:
thanx man , u only one try to help ,, i did that my setting are at 33/66 fix,,, SO SAD ALL THOSE MODS AND I ONLY GOTTEN ONE REPLY IN A FEW WEEKS,,,,, COME ONE GUYS LITLE HELP HERE ,, ANY ONE

Sorry, Im not in this section much. What was the CPU temp when it shuts down? Did you try upping the memory voltage? Im betting the CPU is too hot. Im having that problem. I have to get my water back. If you up the voltage to make it stable it might not really help. The P4 will step down speed as it starts to over heat.

To get more responces, try posting in the general cooling section. Just some ideas. Good luck. K1ll1nT1m3

thanx bud,, ill try there and problem solve,, it was my mem lame 2700 could not hang with the bus,, thanx for help

Back