• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Do u think.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickster

I was thinking of putting me back exhaust fans as intake. Im not sure that will help but the fans are quite close to the HS. And I wanted to put my side panel as glass not some plastic crap so i cant cut through the glass to have a side panel fan. Has anyone tried doing this?

Ill try to get a picture of my comp.

I do this since I have no side fan at the moment.

generally
Front/Side should be Intake
Back/Top Exhaust

However since I dont have a side fan yet, I have front and back as intake and a lot of top exhaust.

You do need to try and balance the in/out though otherwise you get a lot of unwanted hot air in the case raising all your temps

A good PSU with a fan right over the HS will help a lot to get hot air out, I also have a bay cooler in my top 5.25 bay which has 2x92mm fans pushing 80cfm out of my case. Probally not as great as a blowhole but close enough.

The Problem is then the back case intake fans are pulling warm air in from the PSU. Arranging some kind of duct to seperate the PSU air from the back intake air would be essential to having temps at their lowest.

Ffat you're right. Never thought of that. I have a PSU with a exhaust and i have a blowhole cutting but i dint put a fan there. I thought maybe too much exhaust. I wanted to put the back case fans as intake cos they are the closest to theCPU. Should i duct the PSU fan away like what Ffat sed?

It sounds like a plausible solution. However, I think you should get some more intake airflow from the front (either get a higher-CFM fan or put another fan if there's a spot for it) and keep the back as exhaust. I'd have to say that the best way of getting cooler air to the CPU would be a duct from the side, one from the front, or have good enough airflow through the case to keep the temps around the same as your ambient temps.

Back