• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard question ga8knxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

artist19

can anyone tell me why i cant clock stably past 215 fsb with this mobo? i have ga8knxp p4 2.4c corsair xms3200(2)ddr antek box w/400w power supply two intake fans 2exhaust.and all stock fans on everyting else.i tried to set bus at 230 w/vdimm set .2v high over stock,i did not adjust pci agpits apparently locked after post everything appears normal,ran sisoft burn in and got warning sound from mobo shut down upped vcore 1.535 reboot xp(operating system) said recovered from crash might be memory issue.kept backing down to 215 before stable please help,this runs my mem to low w/ lower ratio and everyone else runs way higher.

Which BIOS are you running?
A lot of problems were reported with XMS3200 (check the Corsair forums). Seem to have been resolved with newer BIOS.
Current is F6 (8/18/03)

Thanks for the info guys,ive been working on my mem sticks. 2-6-3-3 seems lose to me? can i tighten them up with the updated bios? My first two stick of corsair were bad,so i had them replaced and everything seems fine now,except for overclocking! Bios update here i come.

artist19 said:
Thanks for the info guys,ive been working on my mem sticks. 2-6-3-3 seems lose to me?

You can try decreasing the timings , BUT "REAL WORLD" results will show you there is little to be gained from this..Sure your Sandra scores might increase but little else will improve.

hey woofer im having a problem downloading bios updates the download seems to go ok but when i try to flash the bios i get a thing telling me its the wrong file size? i got the bios F6 update from gigabyte site usa.have you heard of any issues with their site anyone? also are there any other sites that i can get bios updates? thanx in advance!

I havnt had any issues with the bios downloads...
When you extract the files from the F6 .exe bios package you should have "3" files..

-8knxp.f6
-flash871.exe
-autoexec.bat

Copy these to a floppy , Select F9 in the bios to go to the flash program , select "Flash bios from floppy" ...it will read the contents , select the "8knxp.f6" file and FLASH..

Back