• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7n8x dlx slight overvolting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funko

hey guys.... i tried looking for this in the faq and searching to no avail....so i figure someone could answer this...

seems like my mobo (pcb 2.0) is giving more juice to my cpu than the setting from my readings in teh bios and the most recent mbm5 (3300 or soemthing)

for example... bios setting of 1.850 gave me 1.92 actual
setting 1.8 gave me 1.87 actual

is this a known thing? i wouldnt necessarily call it a problem since its nice to get over 1.9 without any hard mods..... i dont really care but i was running at 1.92 without me knowning with moderate air cooling (slk-6 with 80mm fan diagonal) for 2 days until i finally updated my mbm5 to get the correct readings off the board

i also notice that my rails are reading higher than they did (in a good way) from my old via kt266a board (shuttle ak31v3) by about .04 on the 5v... a bit more on the 3.3 but i guess this just means that the asus pcb design is more efficient? or just that the board for some reason reads differently?

thanks for any help in advance

edit: fixed some typos.. anyone know where i can get brackets for my mobo? i bought a newegg refurb and it was a bare board...

Last edited:
Me too!

Asus Probe says:

+12V = 13.12
+5V = 4.892
+3.3V = 3.296
vcore = 1,696

Is this ok?

Asus Probe has just warned me that the +12v has reached 13.44v. Something wrong here? I'm scared.

I'm using a Sattelite 450w psu (5v-32a).
Other specs:
a7n8x deluxe rev2.0
2x512 pc2700 mitsubishi
athlon xp2600 fsb333
pine geforce 4 ti4200
samsumg 40gb 7200rpm (primary master)
lg 52x cdrom (secondary slave)
creative 12x10x32x (secondary master)
aha 2940au & ibm 2gb scsi disk

Comments are very welcomed.

Overvolting on the Asus is normal,there's no need to worry.Besides overvolting is nice I think,if you overclocking.:)

Back