• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest everyday voltage with Prometia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

2600+ TBred B 333 FSB stock chip with Prometia. How high should I take the voltage in my attempt to break 2700 MHz? I'm talkin stable everyday usage though, not one-shot benchmark deal. Please only post if you've been down this road, not if the highest voltage you've ever run is 1.9V.

Just try.
From CPUdatabase.com:
2938Mhz at 2.15v with EPOX 8RDA+ with VDD-Mod and Active Mosfet Cooling, and this is running on water cooling. So you can push the voltage to the limit, 2.3v.

As I see this CPU is hard for overclocking. I can't tell you anything more because i don't have Prometeia and your CPU.

you should talk to Kunaak. i believe he has run a tbred on his prommie.

As I've been saying all the time, I wouldn't go more than 2.1-2.15 MAX of the MAX on the voltage, I did hear of chips dieing of over volting

I know Coolest, just wishfully hoping someone would tell me it's okay so I'd have someone to blame if anything goes wrong =). If anyone IS running higher than 2.15V on a regular basis though, let me know.

if you can't get it done on 2.15 2.3 is going to do any better. 2.15 is a whole lotta juice for a cpu. if you max it out on that voltage than you've reached the max of the CPU for sure.

From wat I've seen, 1.95v is safe for everyday usage on a Prometeia. Even low temps can't keep much higher safe. You may wan't to pm Kunaak, or head over to xs; it seems like everyone's got a prommy there.

I've been running my 2100+ at 2.03-2.06v for about 9 months now. It runs 24/7 at full load (seti or gaming) and I haven't noticed any decrease in performance or overclockability. It ran at 2.06v for a long time before I was able to drop it to 2.03v. It has also run at 2.1v for several weeks at a time and been as high as 2.3v.

Personally I wouldn't be comfortable running it 24/7 at more than 2.15v and only if it really allowed me to achieve the next rung in performance with stability. Any more than that and I would be nervous my house would be burned to the ground when I left for work every day ;) For example, I can run it at ~2800MHz at 2.1v so but that's only a 0.5 increase in the multiplier which adds next to nothing performance wise. It will get up to ~2900MHz in the 2.2v range but again not really enough to justify those voltages in my mind. From what I've seen I'd have to agree with emericanchaos that yields are slim above 2.15v or so.

Back