• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird GA-7VRXP problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caeberos

That is the mobo i have anyway, this morning i tried to take my FSB to 160 mhz with my 1800+ and now the temp reading is at a constant 201C :)D) did i fry somthing, or is it somthing i can fix?

:edit:
And if anyone gets around to reading this, every once in a while when i reboot, it goes back to stock speeds.

Last edited:
OK you cant just go to 160 FSB without your PCI/AGP being way out of spec. What I reckon has happened is your mobo didnt POST and has reverted to default settings. To remedy this you may have to clear the CMOS.
Then if you want to get a higher FSB then you want to go to at least 166 but you will need to do it by THIS method or it wont work.
Hood

Edit
Ha ha I see you have changed your orig post and I didnt read the new one before I posted. Still think you will need to clear the CMOS and then do the 166FSB by the method I said.

Okay thanks, i will do that now, but any ideas about the 201C or just reset the bios?

Thanks

I mean 201C is a really nice temp to be "operating" at right :D

Well the cmos clearing got my temp readout back, but the rest of the guide didn't really work, i think it is because my RAM is really crappy

Can't wait to get some Corsair XMS memory this christmas :D

anyway thx for the help i am just gonna leave the FSB on 153 for now, i know i can crank it up to 160 if i need to.

Back