• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking on KT400 Ultra Platinum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxlaser5

Registered
What's the highest FSB you guys can get and which BIOS version do you use?
I am using BIOS version 2aa7 and could not get it to run stable at 166MHz. I have tried the infamous Tbred 1700+ and Tbred 2000+ with Kingston HyperX PC3500. I thought with that memory and the Tbred, 166MHz should be easy but I was not able to get it. I even dropped the multiplier down to 8x and still could not get it. Tried on 2 different boards and with Antec 450W PS. Thanks.

Welcome to the fourms!

use the 2aa5 bios the one you have is really bad for ocing(imo), wouldent even reconize my processor it thought it was a 1100+. i could get to 178 with 12.5 multi with 2700 mem. prolly get higher if i lowered the multi.

Tc3 Toad said:
Welcome to the fourms!

use the 2aa5 bios the one you have is really bad for ocing(imo), wouldent even reconize my processor it thought it was a 1100+. i could get to 178 with 12.5 multi with 2700 mem. prolly get higher if i lowered the multi.

I tried 2aa5 BIOS last night and still had the same problem. Do you think I need better heatsink? I have the Volcano 7+ (supposedly support up to 3500+)? Somehow I could not keep the temp below 50C. Thanks.

you might want to look into a new heatsink. also try increasing the vcore a little, but that will make it hotter than it is now. I have the aero7+ and it works great. 37c idle, 40c load, ambient 72f.

Tc3 Toad said:
you might want to look into a new heatsink. also try increasing the vcore a little, but that will make it hotter than it is now. I have the aero7+ and it works great. 37c idle, 40c load, ambient 72f.

I did order a SK7 and it should be here next week. The Soyo's Hardware Monitor gave me the wrong temp reading. It shows 42C while the BIOS and other Hardware monitor programs shows 52C. I will try the new heatsink when it gets here. Another problem is that I left the computer off for a long time (at least 12 hours) and tried to boot into 166MHz from a cold start and it won't boot into Windows. So I am not really convinced that the heatsink will solve the problem. I also pumped the vcore to around 1.725V (the default for the CPU is 1.6V). Did not want to go higher than that. Thanks for your help.

Back