• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit NF7-S woes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

I just got my Abit NF7-S Rev 1.2 back from RMA and popped it in, and it booted. (Yes!)

Formatted and installed all the latest drivers, patches, etc.

Downloaded my favorite game (Americas Army) and started playing... EEK! Horrible sound!!! Just read this post and it will probably help.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=225141

Now! I shutdown my computer last night, and when I woke up, the CDRom LED and the Power LED were on, on the tower. There was a very mild noise, not fans, just a faint hum. I pushed the power button, it did not turn on. I flipped the switch on the PSU, and the lights eventually went off. I flipped the switch back on, and the LED's came back on.... It was working fine for the few hours I was on it, and a few hours the next day aswell. Just today, it's buggering up.

I have AMD 1700+ 0310 , 2 x 256mb OCZ PC3500, ATI Radeon 8500 128mb, 350W Enermax power supply.

Any help would be great.

vakkert_regn said:
is it a new psu?

No?

Anyways, I left the computer off for 24 hours, came back, reset the BIOS, held the Insert key to force BIOS defaults, and it powered up.

The sound has also been fixed for the time being, it still get's CRAZY hot, but I will pop a heatsink on it.

Running at 2.0Ghz @ 1.5V @ 45*C (Crappy Heatsink, slow fan)

Back