• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU speed control knob?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomaHawk47x

i just finished installing a plastic 1/2" plastic knob from a fan controller in an empty drive bay on my antec sonata. i want to somehow connect it to my xp 2500+ so i can manually adjust the cpu speeds by turning the nob (my cpu is currently too fast- 1.83ghz- and i want to tone it down to a more reasonable level). so far ive tried running the wire over to the mobo, under the cpu, and mounting the cpu on top, but i couldnt post. how should i got about doing this?

i saw a case, a retail one, that had exactly that. a "oc knob". i think it all worked from software. like cpufsb could be adjusted via this knob. man where did i see that?...... hmm

I'm wondering if it could be the CPU fan he was about in the other thread. I can't believe this guy...

Actually there is no way (at least hardware wise) to turn down the CPU speed. I can't understand how a computer can be too fast?

I've read that if you put a 9v battery in parallel between the knob and the cpu, then connect the wires to the 7th and 43rd pin on the bottom of the chip, you could adjust the speed.

Wedo

just in case, the preceding message was intended for the humor of all my OC brethren, do not attempt.

Wedo said:
just in case, the preceding message was intended for the humor of all my OC brethren, do not attempt.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

My sides are hurting from that..

How the hell is it not on a reasonable level is it going to damn fast for you where you dont know what your doing.

WOW!

The EZ-Watcher allows you to adjust the CPU frequency according to your desire. With an exclusive CPU speed monitor and CPU Tuner, you can easily take charge of your system. You don't need to be a power user, tweak the BIOS or even read the user's manual. Simply rotate the CPU Tuner and you can readily enjoy the benefits of higher speed. Plus a clearty visible gauges that constantly monitor your CPU temperature, system temperature, ROM drive to catch minor glitches before they become major problems.

aznchaos said:
How the hell is it not on a reasonable level is it going to damn fast for you where you dont know what your doing.

Naa.. he wants to sit and wait 30min for it to boot up, while he eats.. then another 5 waiting for it to start IE, then like 20 to dial up on his 56k, because his cable would be too fast, therefore making the page come up befroe he is done sipping his oh so freshly made coffee that he made while it was booting up, and ofcourse it takes 10min to dial up because he has to underclock his 56k down to about 1k, because there is not a need for 56k. :D LOL..

Oh, and WEDO... thats GREAT! Can I quote it in my sig??!! :p

aznchaos said:

like i said in my other thread, im a reasonable guy. when i win in poker, i let my competitors have a chance to win their money back. the same applies to CPUs. i dont want to squander my CPU's clock speed.

Last edited:
LOL. SO your trying to be fair to your cpu by not taking advantage of its speed. Your cpu doesnt have feelings and you dont have to overclock leave it stock.

like i said in my other thread, im a reasonable guy. when i win in poker, i let my competitors have a chance to win their money back. the same applies to CPUs. i dont want to squander my CPU's clock speed.

I definately think this guy is AT LEAST smoking mad weed....I bet he's been hitting the crackpipe even....

LMFAO @ quote

WTF
(=_= *high* =_=)

I like want to underclock my CPU, so I can get low temps so then I can overclock it. WHat do you guys think? ALso, my fans spin way way too fast. Anyone know where I can get a 30mm CPU fan that spins at about 1,00 rpm's?

*my lame attempt at tryign to be funny*

Why are you still insisting on underclocking, are you kind of kidding with us? It was told to you in your first thread that this couldn't have any other valid point then reducing noise and you said that you did not care about noise (And I'm sure you don't want to play this prehistoric Pac-Man game either). Then please tell us why you posted this second thread about the same subject, please tell us your point, this is not a car which becomes harder to control with more power.

What about a gear box instead your underclocking knob idea, so that you could gear down when it becomes to fast, wohohooooo :D

Back