• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Highest FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellfire

I was just wonder what the highest fsb for the nf7-s because I am going to get one this weekend from newegg, I also bought some adata pc4000 ram from hong kong because I'm trying to reach 500 mhz fsb. Thanks.

I'am @ 220+ for my max I think she will stop abut 223 or maybe 225 still havn't maxed her out. This is not stock BTW.

i just my nf7-s yeaterday im now running 222fbs 444ddr :) i love this board

and i think u can hit 250fbs with abit off luck thats 500ddr is that what u meant ??

my max recently is 230fsb, and thats w/ 1.93vcore and relaxed ddr timings. but i think somewhere here got to 240fsb w/ tighter timings...so...w/ LOTS of cooling (and praying), you *might* make it, or close to it.

I am at 221 stable right now, I can get into windows XP at 229 but not prime95 stable.

I plan on vmodding it sometime soon, not sure how high I should go though. I will have a zalman passive HS on the SB, and a speeze CPU HS w/ out a fan on the NB. Then I have some HSs I will put on the mosfets. Then we will see how high I can go. I have to reach the max FSB for my memory, which I haven't yet.

I think 250FSB is a bit ambitious at the moment at least with stock cooling and without any mods. Ive seen these boards top out at about the 220-225 mark without any mods. So maybe 250 is within reach with a few mods but i wouldnt bet on it.

:)

xboy said:
It's 99.99% imposible. This is not P4 !

What isn't possible? FSB that high? If so, you are wrong. The new NForce chipset has a PCI lock and between being able to change the multiplier without modding on (as far as I know) all Tbred and barton CPUs and the locked PCI and AGP bus, you can go as long as your mobo and RAM will take you.

treepop said:
what about that person who got 250 on a soltek?

How sure are you that that was true?

I got mine to 10x230 into Windows XP, no lock ups or anything. See, I have 3200 DDR, so sometimes I wonder whats the hoop hoop with 3500-4000 DDR? will it benefit you, or just not necessary yet unless you have Intel

I was rock stable at 230 on the origional 2.0 bios. Now Im on the latest bios and max stable at 220

I just got my board today yesterday from newegg and I replaced the northbridge heatsink with a stock 2500+ barton heatsink and placed the northbridge sink on the south bridge anyway i got up to 242 fsb after doing the L12 mod is there anything else I can do I almost there I can feel it hehehe. Anyway will i need to do a voltage mod on northbridge???

AWSOME!........try a vdimm mod first......3.2 on you ram might get it the xtra push....also vdd mod so 1.8-1.9 on your chipset will maybe help....make sure you keep that ram cool :D

I think the ram is fine because this ram is rated really high im running 2.8v right now at decent timings but this rame is known to do 300mhz most do at least 270mhz but it seems that i reached a wall. I'm going to do voltage mod for chipset thou.

With the configuration below....I want more. I cant get over 220 FSB and run stable.....Whats my next step? Heat sink on the south bridge or a volt mod for the chipset. I don't know what is holding me back at this point. I am a little nervous about the volt mod on the motherboard ......Dont want to destroy the thing.

What do you all think I should do?

This week or next I am going to do the following:

Lap the NB
Put a speeze CPU HS on the NB
Put a zalman passive on the SB
Voltmob the mobo to 2.0 (or abit less)
Put some ramsinks on the mosfets

I also don't even have the 4pin 12V power connector plugged in, so that might help also. We'll see where this take me and I'll post my results!

if you are faint at heart and at the bank, then I suggest you watch and chear from the sidelines, then if you dont mind voiding warranties, then go and explore and enjoy that thrill that will end as soon as you come back to these forums and try some new trick again and again and again.

Do the L12 mod to 200 fsb that might help but im still stuck at 242fsb im going to do a volt mod right after this post and I give you the results when I get back.

Thanks for the reply...I will look into the L12 mod.....from what I am reading in the forum...it looks like it is my NB causing the slow up. I would appreciate you letting me know about the volt mod results.

Back