• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Got My NF7-S, I Can't Overclock it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

Salutations

I just purchased an NF7-S after blowing my GA-7VAX up. I have a pitiful XP2000+ Tbred A with 2x256 PC2700 ram. Though, even with that I could do the SW1 modification to activate the 1/5 divider and get my stock FSB from 133 to 166 and get the chip overclocked to 1850mhz stable (185x10)without even touching the voltages. With the NF7-S I thought I'd be in overclocking heaven, but I can hardly get past 155fsb. I know the board is awesome, but I'm just not having any luck with it. Right now the voltages and cpu (133x12.5) are at stock (I just cleared the CMOS after screwing around for awhile). Obviously faster RAM and a better processor would help, but is there anything I can do to get some decent overclock on my system now? Is there something I'm missing, or what? You can tell by my hardware I'm a newbie at this stuff. Any, and all help would appreciated.

Thanks, Overcrocked

Try at 166x11 and then up to 200. Tbred-A is not good overclocker like B, DON'T EXPECT GOOD RESULTS!

I'm not sure why, but because I have a 266fsb chip I only start at 133fsb instead of 166, but I did the multiplier mod on my old board and the chip was at 166fsb with everything at stock values. Why can't I do something similar to get 166fsb stock, then I know I could at least get 180 or so. How do you guys with the 1700+ get from 133-200+ on their boards? I've seen guys with PC2700 getting over 2 gigs straight from fsb. Christmas = Barton and some OCZ or Corsair PC3700ram :eek: .

Soft Menu:

External Clock - 166 originally 133
Multiplier - X10 originally X12.5
AGP: 66
CPU FSB/DRAM Ratio - 5/5 (333)
CPU Interface: Enabled

Power Supply Control - User Defined
-CPU Core Voltage - 1.85V
-DDR SDRAM - 2.9V
-Chipset Voltage - 1.6V
-AGP Overvoltage - 1.5V

Also my PC2700 is CAS 2.5 and in the chipset menu or wherever it is, is set to Optimal: 7-3-3-2.5

have you tried going in the bios and turn cpu throttling and spread spectrum and most of that stuff off.

Try this:

External Clock - 200
Multiplier - X9
AGP: 66
CPU FSB/DRAM Ratio - 3/3 (400)
CPU Interface: Enabled/Disabled (you have to try both)

Power Supply Control - User Defined
-CPU Core Voltage - 1.8V
-DDR SDRAM - 2.7V
-Chipset Voltage - 1.7V
-AGP Overvoltage - 1.5V

Hey xboy, I just put it on what you said to and it actually made it through 3DMark 2001 and I'm doing prime 95 right now, and so far I'm having greater success than when I had it at 166x10!

The only major difference was changing the FSB/DRAM ratio to 3/3. Why is having it at such better than say 5/5 or 6/6? Anyways, right on. I can't believe I managed to get my FSB to 200. I'll just have to see if I can keep it stable for a few hours. If, not I guess I could lower the FSB a bit and still be better than my previous settings.

Overcrock

I think it was due to the fact you where using a 10 x muitl which this board doesn't like. anything below a 10.5 x multi is about a 5-10 % decrease in mem bandwith so I would use a 10.5 or 11 x multi and rasie the fsb to 150 and increase the fsb untill you get the max out of your chip and board.

Back