• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my IS7 dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

Ok i plugged everything in properly and everything seemed to be just fine- put in the ATX power connectors and then closed up. Hit the power button and..... nothing :(

I unscrew the case- fiddle with the front control panel wires and leave the case open this time, hit the power button and see a red light flash on the mobo above the wires. so is it dead? :( The lil green LED lights up when the power is flowing but I cant get it to turn on, this is the second time Ive been having problems I really hate to refurb again... or is it the cpu? :eek:

make sure the obvious stuff is done.. cpu plugged in correctly, fan plugged into header all pwr connectors are in etc...If that dont work its probably the cpu or mb. all other stuff usually gives beep codes... by the way the green light is just telling u pwr supply is hooked to mb and is on...

could the cpu have died from when i first tried to install it on a msi board.... I left the black tape under the heatsink when I was installing it and I smelt something burning so I turned it off... then today when I went to go install it into my new mobo I realised it and peeled it off so just wondering if the cpu died too...

Back