• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fan positioning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JMcMasterJ

Registered
I just got a new Chieftec case which came with 3 fans, 2 in the rear and one on the window. I also bought 3 smart case fan II's, one for the cpu and the other two to be positioned somewhere on the case. There are two front intake spots for fans. Where should I postition the two higher powered scfII's and where should I put the three lower powered fans to get the best cooling?

Last edited:
id suggest placing the most powerful fans as intake and the weakest ones at exhaust , that way youll get more cool air in your PC, AND get positive pressure, which will help out with dust

Kino said:
id suggest placing the most powerful fans as intake and the weakest ones at exhaust , that way youll get more cool air in your PC, AND get positive pressure, which will help out with dust

i agree

rickster, I would do that, but I only have three smart case fan II's and I need one for the cpu

Ok this is what I ended up doing. I kept the two rear exhaust fans with the ones that came with the case. I put a sf2 on for the bottom front intake fan and I switched the side case fan with a sf2 for intake and put the case fan on for the top front intake fan. The bottom front intake alows for more air flow, so that's why I put the sf2 there.

Back