• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ brand new but no sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

Everything works fine except for the sound. Idont get a power on beep, nor can i get my SBLive 5.1 or even the onboard sound to work. The drivers load fine and windows XP even shows that they are working properly. I changed speakers and still no sound. W T F?

You have to download the drivers from Realtek, the nForce drivers won't work for the sound. If you want to use your other card you have to disable onboard sound.

Are you sure? My drivers installed flawlessly and the volume control is readily available. But I cannot get any sound at all, even from the system speaker at POST.

Yeah, i know you have to download the drivers from Realtek(i think that's it) on the regular 8rda. I don't know about the no post beep thing.. maybe it's only to beep from the motherboard speaker or you don't have the onboard audio enabled at the time.

I am using an 8rda+ 2.0 right now and i haven't heard it beep at all, i have no mb speaker plugged in though as it's not even in a case.

Yeah, the + board uses Soundstorm and the drivers that come in the nForce drivers.

Man, i am a retard.. i don't know why i thought you had a non +

what nForce drivers are you using?

I have heard of soem sound problems with 2.45 but it's what i use. Make sure everything is set up in the bios correctly with sound enable and no other sound drivers or anything installed, also make sure your speakers work and are plugged in the green one.. I don't know what else you can do, the drivers are installed with the nForce2 drivers.

Back