• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 255MHz fsb 1:1 barrier IS finally "broken".......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

Yes you just read it well.........I tried the new beta bios from ABIT and it FINALLY solves the issue (bug) of the 255MHz and 1:1 barrier........

I do not know (informed) of other fixes or so, BUT the 255MHz fsb 1:1 burrier is…HISTORY………

This bios is the “IC7_17.B01”
I was so anxious to test it cos I had it from last night and the computer with the ABIT IC7 is at my work…so today noon (now it’s 4.09a.m. here in Greece) I finally test it…
To tell you the truth I didn’t believe that it would solve this issue BUT it DID…
Changes except the “issue 255MHz 1:1” fixing is not known yet…
The Vmem (Vdim) is once again maxed out at 2.8Volts for those who can’t or don’t want to Modd the Mobo….
Overall stability and Overclockability is kept high as it was with the previous bioses too….
I finally can run my Rams at 1:1 CPU: RAM over 255MHz fsb…
My Rams are 2 x 256MB Kingston Value Ram PC2700 (DDR333) with Winbond BH-6 chips on board…They can do more than 255MHz(510MHz DDR) at Cas 2 – 5 – 2 – 2 and they FINALLY DID on ABIT IC7 Mobo… :D
I have test them with my EPOX 4PCA3+ Mobo and they did 260MHz(520MHz DDR)…
Now…after I reach the 255MHz fsb 1:1 barrier and test them with Memtest-86 and Memtest (Windows based proggy), I go into bios and “pick” 256MHz fsb…save and exit…I was praying to continue from 256/ stop and…it DID…WOW, I said, now we are in a “good road”(as we say here in Greece)… :D
Not to mention a lot, I was capable of doing 263MHz(526MHz DDR) out of my Rams…Error free is 260MHz(520MHz DDR) with ABIT IC7 Mobo and 254MHz(508MHz DDR) with my EPOX 4PCA3+ Mobo with Cas 2 – 5 – 2 – 2 and DON’T ask about Vmem for them… :D
On IC7 I have: Street Racer, Enhanced, 6 Clocks, Enable, Enable…
The Memory Bandwidth CAN’T be “touched” by ANY other Mobo out there…
I did't test them yet for more cos I'm only intrested for the Cas 2 - 5 - 2 - 2 timings...I'll do it tommorow with more "gay" timings...
Also the MAX fsb has improved from 326MHz with previous bioses to 340MHz with this beta one…The Overall Overclockability and stability is the same…
The new released IC7_17.BIN bios will be given to public in about a week or so…
Tomorrow I’ll post screenies for you…… ;)

I've been waiting for your tests of the new bios....
glad to see it works great for you.

I can wait for it (1.7b) since I'm still using my 2.4b, yet if prescott will work on this mobo, then I'll be ready for it.

I may just do the voltage mod for the memory too.

mica

Waahhhoooooo!!!!

My 3.0c will be here tomorrow....but my Abit Max 3 won't ship until next Tue.:(

I'm a be pimp slappin' my mem wit 3.1v soon.:clap: :clap:

What about a 5:4 ratio? Could you please try that?

Last edited:
Well I'm back again....... :D

Let's see a cpu-Z with Ram at 1:1 at 260MHz(520MHz DDR) with Cas 2 - 5 - 2 - 2 screenie.....

cpu-Z_mem260_png.png

This is the MAX error free frequency of my Rams.......

Now let's see a S-Sandra Buffered(normal) Memory Bandwidth with Rams at 260MHz(520MHz DDR).......

S-Sandra_membuf_260_png.png

.......and an unbuffered Memory Bandwidth Bench.......

S-Sandra_memunb_260_png.png

.....and of caurse a Winbond Monitor screenie with the Modded and working Vmem(Vdim)........ :D

WinbondMon_png.png

Still testing...........I thing a GOOD combination with these Canterwood/Springdale Mobos are OLDER Rams and NOT nowadays Rams........Older Rams can run at Cas 2 - 5 - 2 - 2 but nowadays ones just can't.......Of caurse Memory Bandwidth with this combination of Rams , CAN'T BE "TOUCHED".......... ;)

hipro5 said:
Still testing...........I thing a GOOD combination with these Canterwood/Springdale Mobos are OLDER Rams and NOT nowadays Rams........Older Rams can run at Cas 2 - 5 - 2 - 2 but nowadays ones just can't.......Of caurse Memory Bandwidth with this combination of Rams , CAN'T BE "TOUCHED".......... ;) [/B]

You got that right hipro!! My 262fsb 1:1 IC7 mem scores dont' compare to yours.

262fsb.bmp

mattspalace said:
Wow Hipro, that's VERY impressive.

Thanks M8....... :)

I'm about to get an ASUS P4C800-E Mobo so as to compair it with the IC7 one and finally see my shelf(first hand) which is the faster and more Overclockable....... ;)

hipro5 said:

It's ALL about timings krag my friend.......ALL about timings....... ;) :D

Yeah, well right now my A-data pc4000 ain't too keen on timings. Maybe when my Abit Max 3 gets here I can give my mem some more voltage. Hipro do you think extra voltage will give me access to lower timings?

I keep thinking Epox's Canterwood board is going to come out, but I still haven't seen it.. I'm curious as to how well it performs, as I'll be purchasing a new motherboard within the next few weeks.

krag said:

Yeah, well right now my A-data pc4000 ain't too keen on timings. Maybe when my Abit Max 3 gets here I can give my mem some more voltage. Hipro do you think extra voltage will give me access to lower timings?

Unfortunatelly NOT too low.......You'll gain a bit but ....that's it.......Those nowadays Rams are "giving" people "frequency" BUT NOT power......It's ALL about marketing and "puting money into their pockets"......... ;)

mattspalace said:
I keep thinking Epox's Canterwood board is going to come out, but I still haven't seen it.. I'm curious as to how well it performs, as I'll be purchasing a new motherboard within the next few weeks.

I own the EPOX 4PCA3+ Mobo and it's slower than this IC7 one........The GOOD thing about it is that it can "work" the Rams at 5:4 BETTER than the ABIT IC7 one which is maxed out at about 238MHz Ram frequency at 5:4 ....... ;)

Mem_7034_png.png

thanks for the info.. The epox was gonna have to be a real performer for me to buy it, as I had an AMD based Epox about a year ago that died on me and getting an RMA from them was impossible... -so it got thrown in the dumpster, followed by some harsh language.

mattspalace said:
thanks for the info.. The epox was gonna have to be a real performer for me to buy it, as I had an AMD based Epox about a year ago that died on me and getting an RMA from them was impossible... -so it got thrown in the dumpster, followed by some harsh language.

Yes but if they fix a bios with over 1.6VCore WITH PAT and CPC in it.......It will be good........ ;)

Back