• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

It says in my manuel that i cant have memory over 400 mhz, which is pc3200. Does that mean that pc3500 wont run at 433 but will automaitcly be run at 400? I am not talking about overclocking casue i wanna burn in my system for a month before overclocking so will it run at 433 or if i get pc3700 will it run at 466 or will it automaticly go to 400?

The memory will always run initially at whatever the default is for your CPU; most likely 133MHz. In order to get it to 433MHz (~216MHz x 2) you would need to overclock. So unless you overclock, you will be stuck at 133MHz or 166MHz depending on which CPU you have.

-- Dave

If you don't want to oc your system but you want to run your memory at a higher speed you might as well just lower the multiplier and increase the fsb. You can run your cpu at its stock speed and get more bus speed at the same time. That board is rated to run up to 200fsb so its technically not overclocking it. That said there is no better burn in than a nice OC :D

Well right now i ahve pc2100 ram on this computer and at start up it says its running at 226 mhz. Would any ram run at 226 mhz when i put it in unless i overclock?

Oh, ok, i thought 266 was a bit too fast for pc2100. SO like pc3500 (433) will boot up at 866 right, or will it run at 400 default and boot at 800 because motherboard maxes at 400 un-OCed. I am planning to OC, i just want to burn it in first so i can get a higher OC.

No! PC3500 = 433Mhz memory speed, not CPUs FSB, so it's not multiplied by 2!

The abit manual says it wont run ram at speds over 400 mhz at default unless u OC. So the ram would automaticly downgrade to 400 mhz right? If i overclock a stick of pc3500 ram though i could get it to 433 mhz right and than maybe even higher.

Yes, you can get 433Mhz out of it, when you set the CPU FSB to 215Mhz or more

Back