• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shutdown if temp too high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

This is a typical newbie question. I couldn't find in neither BIOS nor Asus Probe an option that'll completely shutdown Windows if the CPU temperature reaches a predefined level. Is this possible? My computer is 24hs downloading and I'm afraid that the cooler may fail, thus frying the CPU...

Thanks.

What Asus board are you running? Most newer boards have a overheat shutdown protection feature of some sort. Almost all of the latest Asus boards have a feature called C.O.P. Cpu Overheat Protection. Witht this you could fire up a CPU without a fan and it will shut down before it fries.

affrowman said:
What Asus board are you running? Most newer boards have a overheat shutdown protection feature of some sort. Almost all of the latest Asus boards have a feature called C.O.P. Cpu Overheat Protection. Witht this you could fire up a CPU without a fan and it will shut down before it fries.

Oh, I forgot.

asus a7n8x deluxe rev2.0 bios 1003

thnks

Back