• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID on P4C800-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnflyons

Have 2 raptor drives and 2 wd 1200 jb ide drives with highpoint serial adaptors CAN I USE ALL? I would like to use the JB's for extra storage and I would like the best setup possible. ANY help would be gratfully apreciated. THANKS, John:)

you would need at least one PATA to SATA adaptor. I am running a simular setup but am using two of the adaptors on 2 WD 80 Gb SE in raid 1. With the raptors in raid 0.

U can set up the raptors on the serial connectors and the IDE's on the ide connector, one master and one slave, as a true RAID or get the adapters and set up all as serial drives. But I don't think the other serial connectors are on the RAID chip. On my P4C800 Dlx they aren't.

the "E" version has 2 serial connectors on the southbridge that are raid and also two more that are on the promise chip with the option of using a PATA set with as one of the drives in the array.

Just a question. Not trying to jack this thread. I currently have the P4C800 Dlx. I am looking to get 2 Raptors in the near future and am wondering how much of a RAID0 preformance gain i would get if i changed to the P4C800-E ?? Anyone find any reviews between the two MB's ?

Back