• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUICK! I need the cheapest/best oc'ing AMD I can get!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

I have a 'as-low-as-possible' budget right now, and I need a replacement CPU for my rig......

Whats the best price/performance chip out there? What's the cheapest (acceptable) chip?

Haven't bought anything since my 1600+, so I dunno what the deals are like...

I Think you should cancel that order NOW...
Just check neweggs' Tbred 1700+ section they are like $40 something
You might get a very nice TbredB to OC

Also 1900+s were never good OCers, and AGOGA isn't even the best Palomino stepping

yes agogas are plaominos that dont overclock the best.. the most you can expect is 2200 speeds if that.. go get a xp1700 tbred "b" and youll hit that easily.. and pay less ;)

I agree with The Coolest. I just got my 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB from Excaliberpc. I haven't tried it yet but most people can get it to 2GHz and many people get it even higher.

BTW my 1700+ was also $65 + shipping.

c627627 said:
zabomb4163 is asking because newegg's been shipping T-Bred A 1700+'s in the past month or so.

Hold your horses so people who want to help you get a chance:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222201

You have an Epox 8RDA+ nForce2 with PC3200 RAM crying out for a T-Bred B.

exactly. he said he ordered the first chip from newegg and i was unsure if he went to a different web site or simply assumed all 1700+s are tbredB

Back