• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning my SK-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vk85

Registered
I was putting my computer together today, and when I unpacked the SK-7 I removed the protective sticker but the bottom of the heatsink was still very sticky.

The bottom should look something like this.

Here are some pictures of mine.

heatsink101.jpg

heatsink102.jpg

I've tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol, water and just scrapping it off. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Acetone would probably remove it but I would just lap it. Also, the bottom wouldn't look like the one in your link. That one looks like it has already been lapped.

Thanks for the tip. I used a combination of acetone and soapy water and it worked. I just want to get the computer up and running, I'm going to lap it just not right now.

i had this problem with my sk7, some nail polish remover (acetone) took care of it quickly.

Same here I bought it thinking that that was just a protective layer of film but turned out to be a sticky substance left when I removed it. Used acetone and soap to remove it and worked.

Back